Re: st: More mixed confusion

From   Lucas <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: More mixed confusion
Date   Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:44:43 -0700

Thanks!  But, is that constant a constant, a variance, something else
(e.g., a mean for the context-level error term)?

I guess my confusion is that when I think "equation" I think there's a
left hand side of some outcome (which could be a variance) and a right
hand side of one or more inputs.  If we say there's an equation for
the variance, then is the constant a variance?  I think you can see my
confusion just by juxtaposing "constant" and "variance".  (Feels like
"Who's on first?" -- I can't believe this is the clearest way for
these statistical ideas to be expressed.)

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your response.  So, now my question is, is
the constant a variance? Something else?

Sam