Re: st: Calculating Technical efficiency

From   Nabin Kafle <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Calculating Technical efficiency
Date   Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:31:49 -0500

"Coelli, T., Perelman, S., Romano, E., 1999. Accounting for
environmental influences in stochastic frontier models: with
application to international airlines. Journal of Productivity
Analysis 11, 251-273" describes a process of estimating the gross
efficiency.

One may also obtain measures of gross efficiency (i.e.,inclusive of
environmental influences) by re-evaluating the technical efficiency
predictors with summation(Az) replaced with max{summation(Az)} where A
is the constant and z is the environmental variable. Thus all firms
will be compared with the frontier associated with the most favourable
environment.

The predictor is TE=E[exp(u)|e]. Can you explain me how can I replace
"summation(Az)" with "max{summation(Az)}" in the predictor.