Re: st: Updates to SSC

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Updates to SSC
Date   Sat, 6 Jul 2013 14:35:45 +0200

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Sergiy Radyakin wrote:
> In any case the RePEc system should not present a broken link. And if
> that is unavoidable, the announcer can imho delay the announcement by
> 24 hours to give a chance to all automated systems to propagate the
> updates.

I am one of those announcers that announces changes as soon as Kit
tells ,me the changes are up. The reason is simple: If I don't do
stuff like this the moment I think about it (or Kit reminds me by
telling me the changes are up), I will forget it. Maintaining Stata
packages is not my day job, it is a service we (including Kit) do for
free. So, I'll try to fit it in between all the activities that are
more important (i.e. pay the bills) in whichever way is most
convenient for me. You are free to point out ways that would be more
convenient to you, and I will consider it, but in the end I am the one
that will have to make the trade-off.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB