Re: st: Show Command Output in Foreach Loop ...

From   Michael Stewart <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Show Command Output in Foreach Loop ...
Date   Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:54:57 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to understand the  code written by Sergiy.I have couple of
questions .I hope someone can answer them.Thank you in advance for
your time and consideration.Sorry, they might be basic questions for
the  expert programmers in this forum.

sysuse auto,clear
levelsof rep78, local(levs)
foreach lev in `levs' {
  local cmd `"regress price weight if rep78==`lev'"'
  display `"`cmd'"'
  `cmd'
}

Question-1:

Does it matter if we substitute  local cmd regress price weight if
rep78==`lev'     for    local cmd `"regress price weight if
rep78==`lev'"'

I am getting the same result  or am I missing something

Likewise I am getting same result with display `"`cmd'"' OR  display
"`cmd'".Is there any difference between the two or am I missing
something

Question-2:

How does the command   `cmd'   work.It seems to be display the regression output

Thanks a lot for your time.

--
Yours Sincerely,
Mike.