st: Stata 12.1 linux bug report

From   Haluk Vahaboglu <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata 12.1 linux bug report
Date   Wed, 3 Jul 2013 00:09:32 +0000

Dear Statalisters,
I am enjoying “Stata/MP 12.1 for Unix (Linux 64-bit x86-64)” on my Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit pc. Speed and programming capabilities of Stata and features specifically designed for epidemiological studies are attractive.
With the belief that reporting bugs by end-users is a great contribution for improving a software, I would like to declare a small, yet annoying problem with Stata I experience in my computer environment.
I open stata and -lets say- load database auto by “sysuse auto” command. At this point all the pull-down menus “File, Edit, Data, Graphics, ..” work properly. I may click on the menu “Data” and execute any command, such that I may generate a variable by executing the command “generate n = 1” via menu item “Create new variable”. All works properly till I call the “data editor” (ctrl-8) window. After this point, (opening and closing the data editor window) the pull-down menu item “Data” do not work properly. When I click on “Data” now, I get a single and not working item “activate”. All other items under “Data” disappear.

Is this a common problem and do anybody know the solution, if any exists?

Regards

Prof. Dr. Haluk Vahaboğlu
Istanbul Medeniyet Üniversitesi,
Göztepe Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi
Enfeksiyon Hastalıkları ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji ABD
Dr. Erkin Caddesi  34730
Kadıköy / Istanbul  TURKIYE