st: RE: format coefficients in -esttab

From   "William Buchanan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: format coefficients in -esttab
Date   Tue, 2 Jul 2013 07:49:11 -0700

Isn't the point of using significance stars/symbols to draw attention to
those results?  Maybe using very distinctive symbols (e.g., a mixture of
daggers, plus, asterisk, etc...) could help without having to set different
results in different weights/type faces.  I've not tried to do this in
-esttab- (available from SSC, which you are asked to identify), but the
other option that might be just as efficient is to put together a few lines
of code in your text editor to search and replace elements automatically for
you (e.g., replace '&' with '& \textbf{' and replace *, **, or *** with '}
[asterisks here]').  If you use distinctive enough symbols and emphasize
things well in your prose, I wouldn't imagine anyone would miss the emphasis
that you were trying to place on those specific results.

It might not be the answer you were looking for, but it might be another way
to consider solving the same difficulty.

HTH,
Billy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of jean-luc
morin-chesnel
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:31 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: format coefficients in -esttab

Dear Statalist,

I use esttab to transfer my regression results from Stata to Latex.

Everything works fine but I would like to know whether there is a way to
tell esttab to change the format of some coefficients. I am not thinking of
size, but rather choosing bold or italic appearance.

I have large tables and I would like, for instance, to highlight the most
interesting coefficients automatically... Going manually through the tex
file is a large loss of time...

Any ideas?
Many thanks,

Jean-Luc