st: are there any Stata 13 installation horror stories?

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: are there any Stata 13 installation horror stories?
Date   Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:42:15 +0200

Hi,
As this list occasionally discusses mundane matters of Stata, I wonder
if there could be a little chatter about whether Stata 13 broke
anything for anyone.

No secret, I am annoyed that my institution does not offer us the
upgrade even though our license is perfectly valid for it already.

Another research center where I should run huge chunks of code over
the summer on powerful servers (by the way, I have not seen news of
Stata 13 being much faster — is it?) wrote the frustrating lines
below. Is there anything to be scared of?

«I just talked to our system administrator. Unfortunately we will not
be able to make STATA 13 available before the end of the summer, due
to a “No change” policy from the IT-department.

This policy is implemented during vacation times because of the
limited amount of people working.

He also said that we already got the discs for STATA 13.»

Thanks,

Laszlo