st: Population attributable fractions (PAFs) in discrete-time survival analysis. -punaf-

From   Angelo Belardi <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Population attributable fractions (PAFs) in discrete-time survival analysis. -punaf-
Date   Mon, 1 Jul 2013 01:13:03 +0200

Dear All,

I am working on discrete-time proportional hazard models with a
non-parametric baseline hazard function, using -cloglog- in
person-period formatted datasets.

I would like to additionally calculate population attributable
fractions (PAFs) in these models.
However, I have never worked with PAFs in survival analyses before and
therefore don't know
which functions to use and how to correctly interpret the results.

Previously, I calculated PAFs in STATA with the -punaf- package from
Roger Newson, e.g.
for logistic regressions.

Can I use -punaf- here as well, just after calculating the estimates
over -cloglog-?

Or is there another function/package for this situation?

Or would it be better to calculate population attributable hazard
fractions (PAHFs) as described in Samuelsen & Eide (2008)?

Thanks for any help or advice on the subject.

S. O. Samuelsen, G. E. Eide, Statist. Med. 27, 1447 (2008).