st: SEM: cannot correlate exogenous variable with endogenous variable

From   Jeremy Reynolds <[email protected]>
Subject   st: SEM: cannot correlate exogenous variable with endogenous variable
Date   Sat, 29 Jun 2013 18:00:40 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I am attempting to estimate an SEM model that contains reciprocal
effects and lagged predictors.  The model is based on the work of Paul
Allison see:

http://www.statisticalhorizons.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Causal-Inference.pdf
(The model is also described on page 1247 of England et al. Social
Science Research 36: 2007 and in Allison's 2005 book, Fixed Effects
Regression Models Using SAS.)

My code is below.  The model I estimate contains measures of
victimization at 4 points in time (vic1-vic4) and offending at 3
points in time (off1-off3), as well as a latent variable that measures
time-invariant fixed effects.

The problem is that I am not able to specify a correlation between
off3 and vic2 as specified at the end of the cov option.  Stata