Re: st: GMM minimization of regional errors imputed from hhd level model

From   Vladimír Hlásny <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GMM minimization of regional errors imputed from hhd level model
Date   Sat, 29 Jun 2013 11:08:47 +0900

Thanks for responding, Austin.

The full reference is: Korinek, Mistiaen and Ravallion (2007), An
econometric method of correcting for unit nonresponse bias in surveys,
J. of Econometrics 136.

My sample includes 12000 responding households. I know their income,
and which of 2500 regions they come from. In addition, for each
region, I know the number of non-responding households. I find the
coefficient on income by fitting estimated regional population to
actual population:

P_i = logit f(income_i,theta)
actual_j = responding_j + nonresponding_j
theta = argmin {sum(1/P_i) - actual_j}

Response probability may not be monotonic in income. The logit may be
a non-monotonic function of income.

Thanks for any thoughts on how to estimate this in Stata, or how to
make my 'trick' (setting 12000-2500 hhd-level residuals manually to
zero) work better.

Vladimir