st: Updated Script to run do files in BBEdit/TextWrangler

Subject   st: Updated Script to run do files in BBEdit/TextWrangler
Date   Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:56:13 -0400

I write my do files in the excellent Mac Text Editor, BBEdit
(barebones.com), which also publishes TextWrangler, an editor with much
of BBEdit's functionality.

I've used a revised version of a script originally written by Ben Hulley
to send do files directly to Stata from BBEdit. I've revised it to work
with Stata 13 and with earlier versions as well.

You can download the script from:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5zlhjsg6k7qtjue

If you don't use both BBedit and StataMP, open the script in Script
Editor and substitute "TextWrangler" for "BBEdit" and your flavor of
Stata for "StataMP". Then copy the script to the Scripts Folder for
either editor and assign it a keyboard shortcut.

Note that Script will also send command files to R. It checks the file
extension to know what to do.

Steve
[email protected]

Acknowledgements:

(*Send_to_Stata_or_R Version 4: Updated to Stata 13.
 Based on:
SendToStata at
http://dataninja.wordpress.com/2006/03/03/send-to-stata-applescript-for-
textwrangler/ original version by Ben Hulley
and
SendToR at
http://dataninja.wordpress.com/2006/01/06/r-for-textwrangler-applescript
/ by John Gardner