Re: st: drop observations within groups under certain conditions

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: drop observations within groups under certain conditions
Date   Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:58:05 -0400

I would do this in a couple of steps:

gen byte pos=earnings>0 & earnings<.
egen byte totpos=total(pos), by(manager_ID)
keep if totpos>1
drop totpos pos * unless of course you want to keep these

Rich