Re: st: graph combine of tabplot graphs: uncomparable bar heights

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: graph combine of tabplot graphs: uncomparable bar heights
Date   Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:40:21 +0100

Here's a dopey example to show the principle. By comparing the initial
graphs, we see that the highest bar on both graphs shows 30. So the
scale for the other graph (highest bar 27) must be adjusted relative
to that.

Note that the height to be used can be worked out by Stata on the fly:

`=0.8 * 27/30'

says "work out the result of 0.8 * 27/30 and use it".

sysuse auto, clear
tabplot foreign rep78 , showval

gen himpg = mpg > 30
label define himpg 1 ">30" 0 "<= 30"
label val himpg himpg
label var himpg "miles per gallon >30?"
tabplot himpg rep78 , showval

tabplot foreign rep78 , showval height(`=0.8 * 27/30') name(g1)
tabplot himpg rep78 , showval name(g2)
graph combine g1 g2, ycommon