RE: RE: RE: st: RE: GMM estimation: restricting parameter estimates

From   "Bley N'Dede" <ndedecb@tigermail.auburn.edu>
Subject   RE: RE: RE: st: RE: GMM estimation: restricting parameter estimates
Date   Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:42:33 +0000

Thanks a lot for your help.
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] on behalf of Christopher Baum [kit.baum@bc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:55 AM
To: <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: RE: RE: st: RE: GMM estimation: restricting parameter estimates

<>
On Jun 26, 2013, at 8:33 AM, Bley
 wrote:

> I did that but now, how do I get the standard errors and p-value for the variable v which is my variable of interest?
> Could you please tell me what procedure I can use to run a GMM including FIXED EFFECTS? I am not sure if the xtabond includes already fized effects.

help lincom

DPD estimators such as xtabond2 do not use fixed effects; they use first differencing, which like fixed effects remove the unobserved heterogeneity in a dynamic panel. But you do not seem to have a duynamic model.

I think you can easily estimate this model with IV-GMM and fixed effects with some simple algebra and Mark Schaffer's xtivreg2 from SSC:

g double yv = y - v
g double kv = k - v
g double hv = k - v
ssc inst ivreg2, replace
ssc inst ranktest, replace
ssc inst xtivreg2, replace
xtivreg2 yv a (kv hv = z1 z2 z3 z4 z5), fe gmm2s robust
lincom v = 1 - kv - hv

Kit

                                                                                                      http://www.crup.com.cn/Item/111779.aspx