st: Statalist and Stata 13

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Statalist and Stata 13
Date   Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:10:34 +0100

Two small announcements about Statalist.

The FAQ has been revised slightly as of today. The URL, as always, is
at the foot of every Statalist posting.

1. As has long been standard, with a new release of Stata it becomes
especially important that you state whether you are using an
out-of-date version, namely Stata 12.1 or earlier. As you will have
noticed, we have already had several posts about new features.

See for more detail

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#stata

2. As proposed previously -- and nothing heard except private
agreement expressed directly to me --  we have added some advice on
good practice on cross-posting to other forums. Many Statalist members
also keep an eye on one or more web forums that include relevant
posts. We ask that -- if you post the same question to Statalist and
some other forum(s) -- that you state as much in all forums and
include cross-references.

See for more detail

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#crossposting

As always, the FAQ remains a User's Guide to Statalist, designed to
give advice to help everyone to get clear, complete, correct answers
quickly.