Re: st: Discrete time hazard models using cloglog and svy

Subject   Re: st: Discrete time hazard models using cloglog and svy
Date   Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:30:08 -0400

I should expand this a bit:  -cloglog- in the non-survey setting also does not
require an id() option even though individuals appear in the denominator of
every time period through the end of observation. This is directly analogous to
the setup of a continuous outcome Cox model, where individuals appear in
every risk set up to the end of observation. The likelihood-based tests and standard
errors are based on the assumption that, conditional on covariates and on time-interval, the events in that interval are independent.

If individuals can experience multiple failures, then, then Angelo should use vce(cluster personid), vce(jackknife, cluster(personid) or vce(bootstrap, cluster(personid).

Steve

A survey analysis estimates standard errors & CIs from the variation between
PSUs. As a result you don't need to tell -svyset- or the -svy- prefix command anything about the multiple appearances of individuals.

Steve
[email protected]