st: Beta values in QREG

From   "Scott Holupka" <scott.holupka@jhu.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Beta values in QREG
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:03:55 -0400

Does anyone know if there is a statistical reason why the Stata quantile
regression program "qreg" does not provide an option for producing beta
values?  I know a question about beta values in qreg was raised just a few
months ago, and the one response suggested that there might be a statistical
reason why the option wasn't available, but I didn't see anything more
definitive.

I did try standardizing all of my variables and re-running QREG, as had been
previously suggested, but the results between the unstandardized and
standardized models seem so different I'm not sure if I did something wrong
or if there's a more fundamental reason why the results don't line up.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott Holupka

C. Scott Holupka, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate