Re: st: Sample size for four-level logistic regression

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Sample size for four-level logistic regression
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:06:02 -0400

This may not work for you, but I usually use simulation for this kind of problem, and when (as here) xtmelogit is taking too long to converge, I estimate a linear probability model instead. Obviously linear probability is not a good choice for rare events, but it tends to be less powerful in those cases as well, so it arguably gives a conservative estimate. At the least, it gives a ballpark estimate without too much investment.

hth,

Jeph