Re: st: How to drop observations according to date?

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: How to drop observations according to date?
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:53:05 +0100

consequence of a display format.

These are monthly dates so

... if date < ym(2000, 1)

will be one solution.

I find out about functions such as -ym()- not by Googling but by
looking at the help. I know that there will be functions that yield
monthly dates as results, which will solve the problem. -help
functions- is where I start.

The fact is that dates and times are a proverbial pain whatever you
do; but it's all documented.