st: How to drop observations according to date?

From   Edward Crawley <>
Subject   st: How to drop observations according to date?
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:30:48 +0100

Dear listers,

I have a panel dataset and I would like to drop all observations,
which are dated before 2000m1. I used -drop if date < 2000m1-, but
Stata doesn't understand this command. My date variable is identified
as a panel data date via -xtset-.

It seems like a very easy question, but I couldn't figure it out and I
couldn't find proper solutions on the internet.

Appreciate any help,