Re: st: MFP, multivariable fractional polynomials. Texts & background.

Subject   Re: st: MFP, multivariable fractional polynomials. Texts & background.
Date   Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:17:47 +0200

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Nicholas Miceli wrote:
> I'm looking for texts and background regarding MFP, the multivariable
> fractional polynomial procedure in Stata, so that I can get more than
> what is provided in the Stata documentation.

The persons involved in developing this method wrote a book on this
not long ago:

Patrick Royston and Willi Sauerbrei (2008) "Multivariable
Model-Building: A pragmatic approach to regression analysis based on
fractional polynomials for modelling continuous variables" Wiley.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9780470770771

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB