Re: st: Re: Input data from keyboard combined with Monte Carlo

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Input data from keyboard combined with Monte Carlo
Date   Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:41:28 +0200

Thanks Joseph.

Seems that your suggestion fits the bill; however, I can't get it work. I have tried:

capture program drop sim
version 12.1
program define sim, rclass
syntax , data.dta(string)
drop _all

use "`data.dta'"

set obs 111

foreach var of newlist x1-x5 {
gen `var' = rnormal()
}
reg y x*

end

simulate explvar=e(r2), reps(50) seed(123): sim

Can you see where the problem is?

Best,
J.

John Antonakis