st: Reshaping to long format

From   AGAOGLU Enes <s1236623@sms.ed.ac.uk>
Subject   st: Reshaping to long format
Date   Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:18:10 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to reshape my price data to long format, but my data is not wide formatted as well. What should I do before I use reshape command?

Snapshot from my dataset:

firma	firmb	firmc	date
.45	.57	.77	01dec1999
.6	1.09	1.64	01jan2000
.69	.95	1.61	01feb2000
.68	.87	1.83	01mar2000
.55	.72	1.58	01apr2000

Any help is appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Enes Agaoglu

--
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.