Re: st: Do file editor in Stata 12 for Mac

Subject   Re: st: Do file editor in Stata 12 for Mac
Date   Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:08:07 -0400

Hi, I think the original poster wanted to know about the platform
differences between Windows and Mac versions of Stata. Stata
internally uses Scintilla/SciTe editor component, which does support
code folding in MacOSx,
http://wb.fabforce.eu/wp-content//uploads/scintillaosxcocoa.png

Code folding for Mac has just been announced in Stata 13 (see #70):
http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?whatsnew12to13

I don't know what prevented including it in an earlier version of
Stata, at the same generation as in Windows version.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin