st: Do file editor in Stata 12 for Mac

From   Tunga Kantarcı <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Do file editor in Stata 12 for Mac
Date   Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:58:28 +0200

Hello,

I would like to ask a non-technical question. I have a do file with many
lines of code. In Stata 12 Windows version, in my do file, I used to divide
the code into sections and fold each section between two curly brackets so
that the folded part of the code is hidden in the do file which tidies up
the code. But I recently moved to Mac and now using Mac Stata 12 version.
The do file editor now does not facilitate the use of curly brackets to
fold lines of code. I wonder why and if there is a way I can achieve this.

Example:

When you put the code between two curly brackets

{
code code code
code code code
code code code
}

Stata allows to hide the code and you end up with this

where you can click on the plus sign and the code will unfold.

Thanks.