st: Twoway Range Plots

From   Erika Kociolek <>
Subject   st: Twoway Range Plots
Date   Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:54:31 -0700

I have a question about the range plots that can be generated using
Stata's twoway command. Is there any way to generate these plots with
a string variable on the x-axis? I tried encoding the string variable
of interest and plotting that (which works) but I cannot figure out
how to plot the labels of the encoded string variable on the x-axis.

Also, I really would like to show the min, mean, and max on a range
plot, but am not sure if that can be done (looks like twoway only
takes min/max inputs). Are there other ways to achieve this?