st: Generate Correlation Table with significance level in Word in Journal Style

From   Madalina Constantin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Generate Correlation Table with significance level in Word in Journal Style
Date   Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

I need to insert in my Master Thesis, which I write in Paper-Style, a
correlation table like those found in Journals. Hence I need a command
which generates an output in Word including: Means, Standard deviation
and correlations with the corresponding significance levels.
I already tried 2 ways:
1) First I used the mkcorr command :
  findit mkcorr
  mkcorr independent variables, log(correlations) sig lab means cdec(3) mdec(3)

 But
 this doesn`t generate an output in Word, only one I can copy in Excel
and doesn`t look like those in Journals. Furthermore I want the
significance level to be shown with stars for p<0.05.

2) Second I tried the estout command:
 capture ssc install estout
 estpost correlate indep variable , matrix listwise
 esttab using corr.rtf, unstack not noobs
 compress

The problem here is that the generated output does not contain means and standard deviations.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get an output in Journal style I would really appreciate it!