Re: st: graph combine with (non-standard) one legend

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: graph combine with (non-standard) one legend
Date   Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:32:16 +0200

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM,  S. Jenkins wrote:
> "I've got 3 Stata graphs which will all have the same legend. I'd like
> to display them in a 2x2 array, with the graphs in 3 of the cells and
> the legend on its own in the fourth.

Here is a solution that works if you can use the -by()- option to
create these three graphs:

*------------------ begin example ------------------
sysuse auto
recode rep78 1/2=3
separate price, by(foreign)
twoway scatter price1 price2 mpg, ///
       by(rep78, legend(at(4) pos(0)))
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin