st: Panel data by subgroups

From   Ken Ning <kenscholar2008@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Panel data by subgroups
Date   Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:58:09 +0100

Panel data by subgroups

I have a panel dataset on 200 firms showing the turnover of financial
managers and firm performance for ten years.

some of the individuals are fired and some get promotion and some left
for personal reasons.

I am just wondering if I can simply divide these firms according to
these three groups and run three separate panel regressions and look
at the different effects this has on firms?

Many thanks,
Ken