Re: st: Cohen'd in STATA 12

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cohen'd in STATA 12
Date   Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:54:38 +0200

It is advertised as new, so that would mean that it does not exist as
part of official Stata before Stata 13. This does not rule out the
existence of user written commands. In fact if you type in Stata
-findit cohen- you will get directed to two promising packages.

-- Maarten

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Alberto Soriano Maldonado
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks for the rapid response. Does this mean that a command for calculating it it STATA 12 does not exist?
>
> I do not have STATA 13 yet and need to perform the analysis.
>
> Alberto
>
> El 14/06/2013, a las 13:36, Maarten Buis <[email protected]> escribió:
>
>> This is newly implemented in Stata 13:
>>
>> http://www.stata.com/stata13/effect-sizes/
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Alberto Soriano Maldonado
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi statalisters,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know whether it is possible to calculate Cohen'd and its 95%CI in STATA 12?
>>>
>>> If yes, the command would be highly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advanced
>>>
>>> Alberto Soriano Maldonado
>>> FPU research fellow
>>> University of Granada (Spain)