Re: st: Count the number of changing string values

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Count the number of changing string values
Date   Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:41:09 +0100

I take this to be a new question, but I am unclear what you want. Do you want

1. Counting how many times a user said Yes one year and No the next?

2. Identifying the first year in which a user said Yes after
previously saying No.

I fall back on emphasising my previous advice

Long structure ... is likely to be better for you for most analyses.

Get these data -reshape-d. You are going to want to do lots of
analyses on different kinds of patterns, and keeping this structure is
really going to strain any user's Stata fluency.