Re: st: getting user-written commands presented at Stata user meetings?

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: getting user-written commands presented at Stata user meetings?
Date   Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:14:06 +0100

Users' meetings are run locally and by many standards quite informally.

The programme of each meeting is a series of talks given by Stata
users and (often) StataCorp staff.

Two linked patterns have been common for presented material:

1. Posting slides and sometimes software on www.stata.com

2. Equivalent posting on REPEC, usually organised by Kit Baum.

I've never heard of any meeting insisting that code must be published.
That would not be appropriate for many talks.

In this case I was one of the organisers and can affirm that general
arrangement.
Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com