Re: st: Interpretation of interaction term in log linear (non linear) model

From   David Hoaglin <>
Subject   Re: st: Interpretation of interaction term in log linear (non linear) model
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:21:16 -0400

Dear Suryadipta,

A key idea underlying Bill Gould's blog post is that -poisson- enables
you to use quasi-likelihood. That command does not require that the
data follow a Poisson distribution.

Please read carefully the part of the blog post that discusses zero
values.  I doubt that simply fitting your model by using -poisson-
will adequately handle your "many zeros."

David Hoaglin