st: prob by using binreg or logit

From   carsten hinrichsen <carsten_@hotmail.com>
Subject   st: prob by using binreg or logit
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:13:39 +0200

Dear statalisters,

I am working with survey data and want to find the probability of participation by analyzing the binary variable of participation (yes/no).

As far as I know, I could use binreg with the rr option
or
I could use logit and use the odds to calculate the probability.

I've tried both and get slightly different results. I've been looking through the stata help but can't figure out what the difference is between these to methods.
So I'm wondering are there different assumptions behind these to methods that I should take into consideration?
And should I prefer one of the methods to the other?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards
Carsten Hinrichsen