Re: st: please help: tobit comparisons

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: please help: tobit comparisons
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:07:25 +0200

I can imagine that with some creative constraints you could "trick"
-gsem- to fit a Tobit model in the upcomming Stata 13. If that is
true, then you could estimate both models simultaneously and test the
constraints. However, none of use (outside StataCorp) have access to
Stata 13 yet, so it is hard to verify that intuition.

-- Maarten

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Ghazal Zulfiqar <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks yes it does! Is there an alternative for suest that can be used in tobit?
>
> Ghazal
>

> On Jun 12, 2013, at 9:46 AM, Maarten Buis wrote:
>
>> That error message means exactly what it means: in order for -suest-
>> to work it requires that the models you feed it (in your case -tobit-
>> models) allow -predict- to predict scores. -tobit- does not do so, and
>> can thus not be used in combination with -suest-.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Maarten

>>> *
>>> *   For searches and help try: