st: angle for text in graph

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: angle for text in graph
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:35:14 -0400

Hi all,

in using Nick Cox's -slideplot- command (from SSC), I am attempting to
add text on the far left and, if possible, I would like that text to be
vertical (explained below)

as an example, here is code using Stata's auto data set:

slideplot hbar rep78, neg(1 2 3) pos(4 5) by(foreign) percent
legend(subtitle("FIM Scale") span cols(7)) ytitle("Percent of the
population with these scores") text(-143 50 "Impairment Groups",
orient(vertical) align(middle) size(medium) angle(vertical))
title("AdmissionFIM_Comprehension")

This may be a little confusing as I have changed as little as I could
get away with; most of the text deals with a medical example using the
Functional Independence Measure (FIM), widely used in rehab hospitals in
the US (and some other countries); the text I am concerned with here is
"Impairment Groups" which I would like to look as follows:

I had thought that the "angle" option would do this, but it has no
effect (i.e., the graph looks the same without the option as with it and
continues to look the same whether the anglestyle is given as "vertical"
or as "horizontal"

any ideas?

Rich