Re: st: really need help please - fractional probit unbalanced panel-Wooldridge/ Wagner

From   Ken Ning <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: really need help please - fractional probit unbalanced panel-Wooldridge/ Wagner
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:00:31 +0100

Hi Kelvin,

Yes my response variable fractional.

On page 24 of Wooldridge's slides, he said "xtreg allows unbalanced
panels and properly computes standard
errors and test statistics."

he also used coding such as
xtreg  math4  lavgrexp  tobs3_lavgrexp  tobs4_lavgrexp  lunch  lenrol
y95  y96 y97  y98,  fe  cluster(distid)

time dummies can only be included as time averages as the model has a
fixed effect.

after reading his slides, i am slight confused as how to use xtreg to
do the test.

thanks,
Ken