Re: st: Outreg and Outreg2

Subject   Re: st: Outreg and Outreg2
Date   Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:27:38 -0500

This error came up a long long time ago:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-01/msg00553.html

The solution, in that case, was to make sure Stata was totally up to date, and that the ado files and the exe file were in sync (the person had updated one but not the other). Use -update query- and -update all- . And, for that matter, make sure you have the latest versions of outreg and outreg2, and that you've gotten them from SSC. Use -adoupate- .(Sometimes programs with the same name appear in different places, e.g. Stata Journal and SSC; usually the SSC version is best but not always.)

That is actually my general advice before sending any problem to statalist:

a) make sure my version of Stata is totally up to date

b) make sure I have the latest versions of any user-written ado files.