Re: st: Model fit-statistic for zero-inflated negative binomial models

From   Joseph Luchman <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Model fit-statistic for zero-inflated negative binomial models
Date   Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:39:18 -0500

Hi Neeraj,

  The most of the pseudo-R2's produced by - r2c - describe the whole
model - however, the "dp" statistics produced for negative Binomials
compare the fit of the negative Binomial to that of the same
specification using a Poisson distribution (and is thus quite similar
in spirit to the Vuong test without a null hypothesis significance
test component).

  The - r2c - was developed from internal research by my employer that
was worth sharing with the Stata community.  Our internal research
using the command is not cite-able.  I'm not familiar with any papers
that have cited it yet - but, as you note, it's only 4-or-so months
old.  Presuming someone has decided to cite the command in their
manuscript, the publication lag is likely to still be "in effect."
That said, the SSC entry is cite-able and can be downloaded from
ideas.repec.org (http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s457592.html).

  A good source for reading over the different glm-based residuals is
Pierce & Schafer (1986) - full APA-style citation is below.

- joe

Pierce, D. A., & Schafer, D. W. (1986). Residuals in generalized
linear models. Journal of the American Statistical Association,
81(396), 977-986.

Joseph Nicholas Luchman, M.A.
----
Senior Research Associate | Fors Marsh Group
Email: [email protected]
forsmarshgroup.com
----
Doctoral Candidate