Re: st: Stata 13 ships June 24

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 13 ships June 24
Date   Mon, 10 Jun 2013 06:45:53 -0500

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM, William Gould, StataCorp LP
<> wrote:

>    4.  Multilevel mixed-effects and generalized linear
>        structural-equation modeling.
>        -gllamm- users:  There is a lot of overlap in the models that
>        -gllamm- and -gsem- can fit.  When there is overlap, -gsem- is
>        much faster.

Thanks for the announcement, Bill! How much faster are we talking
about here? Is it a factor of 2, a factor of 5, a factor of 100?

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer