Re: st: zero-inflated Tobit models

From   Katie Farrin <>
Subject   Re: st: zero-inflated Tobit models
Date   Mon, 10 Jun 2013 06:18:40 -0400

Thanks, Austin,

I inquired about zero-inflated models because the regression I'm
performing is a first-stage regression in an IV model.  I am
instrumenting for business profits due to nonrandom selection into
owning a business.  I merely wanted a better fit to improve the
significance of my second-stage results (I'm bootstrapping my errors),
and thus am not sure I need GMM or SEM at this point in my research.
While the data isn't technically censored at zero, I have only 4 (out
of 1900) observations where profits are to the left of zero.  I have a
lot of zero observations (about 1500),

Again, does anyone know of a zero-inflated Tobit command (or option
within a command) in Stata?