st: need help to perform SEM for observed continuous and categorical data

From   nadiahassan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: need help to perform SEM for observed continuous and categorical data
Date   Sat, 8 Jun 2013 12:59:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am working on SEM model that has more than50 observed variables. these
include continuous observed variables for dependent variable whereas,
continuous, dichotomous and categorical observed variables for independent
latent variables.
I read on statlist archives to use polychoric command for performing sem on
categorical data. I have installed the command.

My questions are:
Q1: Do I have to use this command for all 50 vars at a tiem? I tried it but
result window displays
" could not calculate numerical derivatives
missing values encountered"
Q2: If i estimate polychoric matrix how can i do sem on this info?

Regards