Re: st: reshape question

From   Nikolaos Pandis <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: reshape question
Date   Sat, 8 Jun 2013 01:54:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again,

I guess it was easier than I thought:

reshape long cda_c cdgn_c spame_c nspa_c ara_c argn_c , i(patient_id) j(time)

did the job
I thought I had to do something more complicated.

Thank you

----- Original Message -----
From: Nikolaos Pandis <>
To: "" <>
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2013 11:29 AM
Subject: st: reshape question

Hi to all
I would be grateful if you could possibly help me reshape to long the following wide data structure:
I have 28 patients (patient_id)
I have measured the distance between 6 pairs of anatomical points in those 28 patients on serial radiographs (5 radiographs per patient):
cda_c1 to cda_5
cggn_c1 to cggn_5
spame_c1 to spame_5
nspa_c1 to nspa_5
ara_c1 to ara_c5
argn_c1 to argn_c5
cda, cggn, spame, nspa, ara, argn indicate the linear measurement
c1 to c5 indicate the 5 time points.
I can reshape each variable (measurement) on its own:
for example: reshape long cda_c, i(patient_id) j(time)
but how could I reshape all at once in the same datafile?
Thank you,

*   For searches and help try: