Re: st: {smcl} link problem

Subject   Re: st: {smcl} link problem
Date   Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:07:41 -0400

Dear Matt,

thank you for confirming the issue. The example you provide is
possible for the cases of a static code with a few parameters. In my
case the amount of parameters I want to pass is (in general) large -
variables list that potentially might be 32000*33 bytes.I could create
individual tempfiles for each link, but the tempfile solution would
not work, since the links are given to the user in the output and must
survive the completion of my program, at which point all the tempfiles
are destroyed by Stata. Creating fake tempfiles (unmanaged by Stata)
would create a cleanup chaos. (and it is not guaranteed that I will
have a chance to do a cleanup, since there is no guarantee the user
will actually even click on the link).

Best, Sergiy