st: table formatting in stata

From   Haluk Vahaboglu <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: table formatting in stata
Date   Thu, 6 Jun 2013 09:11:06 +0000

TD P { margin-bottom: 0in; }P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Hello Everybody,
In our research papers we
mostly present continuous data in a table with comparison to cases vs
controls as “n mean SD and p (from Ttest)”. Here is a brief
example of such a table:

................Cases	/  Controls
	........N mean (SD)	N mean (SD)...p

With STATA I use these

1. “estpost tabstat age
VAR1 VAR2, by(C/C) s(n mean sd) c(s)”
2. “esttab ., main(mean)
aux(sd) unstack noobs nonote  wide compress label”
3. “estpost ttest age
VAR1 VAR2, by(C/C) une w”
4. “esttab ., cell("p

and get two separate
tables “n mean SD” in one and “p” in the other. I afterwards
combine these two in one table formatted as mentioned above.

Is there any simple way to
get a table with n-mean-SD-p all in one line for multiple continuous
Thanks again
note: sorry for the subject line of my previous message