Re: st: RE: Re: Efficiently looping through countries and years counting and computing the percentage of people whom selected a specific answer

From   "J. J. W." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: Efficiently looping through countries and years counting and computing the percentage of people whom selected a specific answer
Date   Thu, 6 Jun 2013 05:40:39 +0200

Dear all,

I have another small question, suppose I would like to do the
following computation, instead of calculating the mean, I want to
calculate a weighted mean of "females", I know this doesn't actually
makes any sense, however it is a good example to show what I want I
think.

In mathematical terms this gives us: (w1 * obs1 + w2 * obs2 + ...) /
(sum of all weights), instead of mean(Female).

Thank you for your help!

Yours sincerely,

Wen Jun Jie