Bookmark and Share

Notice: On March 31, it was announced that Statalist is moving from an email list to a forum. The old list will shut down at the end of May, and its replacement, statalist.org is already up and running.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: st: Compute and grapth the interaction after logit


From   Alexandre James <alexandre_lille-paris@hotmail.com>
To   "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Compute and grapth the interaction after logit
Date   Wed, 5 Jun 2013 11:24:58 -0300

Hi Maarten,

Thanks, yes it helps. In fact the reviewer used the word more “careful”, which after reading the stata tip you suggest I understood your point about being “parsimonious”. I found a very simple way to calculate the marginal effects in the book “Microeconometrics Using Stata”, in fact the author has a dedicated session just explaining how to do it. However, the reviewer also asked explicitly to graph the interaction effects, so I will have to find a way to do it if I want to satisfy this reviewer.
Best
Alexandre

----------------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 15:35:01 +0200
> Subject: Re: st: Compute and grapth the interaction after logit
> From: maartenlbuis@gmail.com
> To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Alexandre James wrote:
>> I just received back from a journal the reviwers comments about a paper I have subbmited. I am using a nested logit model and one of the reviewers mentioned that I need to be more parsimonious to interpret the interaction effects because it is a non-linear model. So, he asked to Compute and grapth the interaction effects. I checked the inteff commend but it does not run after nlogit. Would someone have a suggestion how I could graph it?
>
> A graph could certainly be useful, but I would not describe that as
> parsimonious. Especially, the graphs returned by -inteff- are really
> far from parsimonious as those basically show different marginal
> effects for each observation. So either "parsimonious" was not the
> right word to describe what you or the reviewer wanted to achieve or
> graphs are not the way to achieve that.
>
> A really parsimonious way to describe interaction effects is to stick
> to the odds metric, as is explained here:
> M.L. Buis (2010) "Stata tip 87: Interpretation of interactions in
> non-linear models", The Stata Journal, 10(2), pp. 305-308.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Maarten
>
> ---------------------------------
> Maarten L. Buis
> WZB
> Reichpietschufer 50
> 10785 Berlin
> Germany
>
> http://www.maartenbuis.nl
> ---------------------------------
>
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ 		 	   		  
*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/


© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index