st: Contingency table using Stata tabout

From   Kari Hexem <>
Subject   st: Contingency table using Stata tabout
Date   Mon, 3 Jun 2013 15:41:20 +0000

I would like to make a contingency table using the tabout command for a survey population.  Currently I am only able to output only one of: freq cell row col.  However, in my final table, I would like to display both frequencies and column percents, adjacent to one another, for each category.  I thought there might be some way to do this by storing estimates for each group, and then somehow rearranging them in a stata table before exporting to excel (otherwise it involves a lot of potentially error-producing cutting and pasting).  But I can't really figure out how to make it work, and am open to suggestions.