st: outsheet and variable labels

From   Paul Byatta <paulbyatta@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: outsheet and variable labels
Date   Sun, 2 Jun 2013 21:03:03 +0300

Hi All,

I was wondering whether there is a way of displaying variable labels
instead of variable names when I outsheet results to an excel/csv
document.

I understand the command below adds a variable label on a variable name.

label variable vlg_id "Village ID"

But how do I make "Village ID" appear on my excel/csv instead of "vlg_id"

My ousheet command looks like this

outsheet using VillageID.csv, comma replace

Thanks
Paul