Re: st: Random coefficients model

From   Jeph Herrin <stata@spandrel.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Random coefficients model
Date   Fri, 31 May 2013 16:04:13 -0400

Yes. Typically, one must specify which coefficients are random; other remain fixed.

I suggest you look at -help xtmixed-.

cheers,
Jeph

On 5/31/2013 2:40 PM, Lu Zhang wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about the random coefficients model. I am wondering
whether it is possible to fix some of the independent variables, i.e.
the same coefficients across all the groups, and only allow one of the
independent variable to have random coefficient, i.e. each group has
its own coefficient? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Lu